Saturday, August 23, 2008

storms a brewin

It has officially rained for 3 conceptive days! Since I moved to Valdosta last Friday I have been wet every day I have been here. Between it being so hot my clothes are soaked in sweat or it raining and my clothes being soaking wet from the freaking hurricane, I change clothes on average about 3 times a day. I went through 3 umbrella's while I have been down here: 1st one flipped inside out and broke, 2nd one that I bought @ the bookstore flipped inside out snapped off and blew down the street and the last one (today) my mom opened and it just got tired of working and said "screw you." Finally today I broke down and bought a poncho! I am going to buy another umbrella but I will make sure its a good one and not pay $5.00 for one.

Another crappy thing that happened with the rain was I bought a book bag which was supposed to be waterproof (can you see where this is going?) After buying my theatre book that cost me a lovely $143.23 it the rain decided to start and drench my new book. If you didn't know, paperback books HATE the water so this weekend I have been ironing my Theatre book.

Other than that it has been fun here I guess...I am a little lonley even with the friends I have here. I am sure it will get better soon bc I have auditions for the Musical Theatre Cabaret this coming Monday and then Labor day weekend I am coming home!

I am off to get ready for the 1st football game of the season and yes we are braving the storm to watch football...who would think I would ever do this?! I guess what they say is true: "college is all about new experiences"

1 comment:

colbymarshall said...

I'm so glad you're coming home next weekend ;-) Hope you're drying out as well as your theatre book!