Saturday, June 14, 2008

Queer Stigmata

a little info on the following stories. I, at one time wanted to write a book, here are the stories that I had for it...everything actually happened but I may have stretched the truth a little :) this is my Favorite one...so start with my fav, they will only get worse from here!

"Queer Stigmata"

I used to give blood. In High School we would give blood like twice a year. When I was finally of age I gave blood. I was so mad at the question sheet you had to answer before giving blood. I was fine until I got to this.

16. Are you a Homosexual?

17. If yes have you had same sex, sex?

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

How horrible is that. So in the yes/no box next to “are you queer” I checked YES. Next to the box that said “have you fucked a man in the ass?” I checked NO………but I wrote in: “so what if I have? Is that such a bad thing?” and drew 2 boxes and above one I wrote YES above the other I wrote No. I got In School suspension(ISS) for this………but I didn’t go. I said that If they were going to send me to ISS then I would go the school board and tell them that this school was saying that just because I was gay that I could not give blood………and I had answer 30 questions in order to give blood so the least they could do was answer 2 of mine. I didn’t have to go to ISS.

Cut to me laying in the chair waiting to give blood.

I laid there and watched the tiny white woman prepare to stick me with a needle that I didn’t know where had been. It wasn’t wrapped. I told her that I wanted a different needle but she said it was clean

“count from 1 to 5 and on 5 the needle will go in.”

“1, 2, OW SHIT! I was only on 2!”

“well its in”

“no………take it back out. You said it would be on 5, take it back out and do it on 5”

“do you really want me to make another hole in your arm?”

“………true”

so I laid there and watched the blood drain out of my body. That is a freaky thing. Something that is supposed to be inside you is being sucked out

cut to the 2nd time I gave blood

This time I checked YES to the question “ever screw a guy?” I hadn’t but I said I did………just to see what happened. They said I couldn’t give blood. My original threat came back. I got to give blood again. They were saying how much they needed blood, and making a big fuss about giving………they must not want a queers blood. Fear of transplanting the gay virus I guess. So there I was. Back on the ugly blue chair. Waiting for a large black woman I have never met shove a metal sliver into my vein.

“count to 5, on 5 I will put the needle in.”

“last time I did this she went on 3”

“oh yeah”

“yeah………1, 2, 5”

“where was 3 and 4?”

“pain comes on 3 and 4 is useless”

“you’re in theatre aren’t you?”

“…..shut up”

“do you really want to be mean to the woman with a needle?”

“3! OW SHIT!!! Take it out take it out take it out!!!!”

“quit being a baby”

“TAKE THE FUCKING THING OUT RIGHT NOW!!!” if we were in a movie my head would be spinning and I would be spewing split pea soup all over her white smock with little pigs dancing on it. She took it out. She went through my Vein. The Needle went through my vein and she was yelling at me like it was my fault. Then I got the GREAT NEWS!!!

“this was my fist time.”

“well it wasn’t good for me! GO BACK TO SCHOOL!”

I never bruise. I don’t know why but I can get hit with a lead pipe and I wouldn’t bruise. But my arm was black and purple. I still hate her.

I was talking about it with my mom a while back………

Cut to us in the car driving by a blood donation place

“what happened to you? Why don’t you give blood anymore”

“you remember what happened last time” I was rubbing my arm

“oh when she made you cry?”

“I didn’t cry mom. My arm turned black because she pierced my vein.”

“who uses the word pierced besides talking about an ear?”

“It was black!”

“you are too dramatic”

I looked at my arm………there was a small red dot, as if I had just given blood.

“STIGMATA!”

That was not a fun time. I vow that I will never

give blood again. And you can quote my dramatic

ass on that one!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

wow I was 17 when I wrote this and reading I REALLY need to go back a re-write the whole damn thing!