Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Brokeback Mountain: the musical

this is what you do, sing this to the tune of Defying Gravity from Wicked...I know you know the song!

Brokeback Mountain: the musical

Jack: Something has changed within me,
something has happened here.
When we came up on Brokeback,
I thought that I wasn't queer.
but we spent time together
we roped and herded sheep
and soon I knew that I would fall in love so deep....

Yes i've revised my sexuality
guess I like guys
that's my reality
i'm never backing down

Ennis: I'm through repressing feelings
its time to let them flow
I used to stoop and mumble
now I sing fortissimo
too long i've been afraid of
being with another man
The summers short
and I should get some while I can

I can't deny my sexuality
but I try to use brutality
to clamp my feelings down

Inhibited
i've always been, inhibited
i'd perform violence to disguise the inner me

Jack: Ennis
guess thats why you hit me

Ennis: Still you never quit me

Both: Were together right or wrong
we just can't hide our sexuality
its cut and dry
our new carnality
our world is upside down

Alma: I hope your happy
now that your off with jack
I hope he rubs your back
and gives your goods a squishing
lord knows your aren't fishing
oh why has life thrown me this curve?

Rit: I hope your happy
you perv

Jack/Ennis: So if you care to find us
look to the mountain side
we'll be alone together
having our own version of gay pride
There's no one else around us
here under heavens dome
we have each other
and we've found a brand new home

That sanctifies our sexuality
and we won't mind
if our mortality
is different from that one horse town
and nobody in all the west
no cowboy who'd see us repressed
is ever gonna bring us down
Yippie Tay-ya oh!

2 comments:

colbymarshall said...

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Danielle said...

That was just... beautiful.

P.S. Is it wrong that I'm sad that the daily posting didn't last?